Useful tips for your stay on Tenerife
Tenerife ist the biggest island of the Canary Islands. The island ist appoximately 80km long, up to 50km wide and has an area of 2034 square kilometers. The island has currently about 1 million habitants and is the most populous island of spain.
Tenerife, like all the other islands of the Canary Islands, has mild temperatures all year round. The average annual temperature is 21 ° degrees. In winter, it cools down to 18°C in some cases, and in summer it reaches an average of over 25°C on the north side of the island. The sea temperature is all year long between 18 to 23 degrees.
We recommend our customers to take notice of the following tips:
- Relax the first days in the apartments and garden and visit nearby places as the old town of Puerto de la Cruz, Punta Brava beach, La Orotava or Garachico.
- After a few days, take a rental car to various locations on the island or even a ship to visit another island.
- Tenerife and specially the north is basically very safe and you can move without any concern.
- Never leave valuables in the rental car or at the beach. Unfortunately a lot of thieves try to steal the belongings of the tourists.
- The sea con be very dangerous. Dont go swimming with a red flag.
- Mercadona, Lidl, Hiperdino or Alcampo can be reached within 5 minutes from the apartments
- Use the opportunity and visit different markets in Puerto de la Cruz or Santa Cruz to buy fresh local products or just go shopping to the different malls.
Culture / Events
- Carneval (february), Romerias (july)
- Visit a concert in the auditorium in Santa Cruz
- Various village festivals throughout the year
Weather Forecast: https://www.eltiempo.es/puerto-de-la-cruz.html
Tenerife News: https://www.tenerifenews.com/